As the festive season comes to an end, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme gets ready for the next academic year. The financial aid scheme has released a statement that it will open its doors in early January.
NSFAS offices have been closed since 15 December 2021 and they’ll open up their doors on 4 January 2022.
The financial aid scheme said this would allow the NSFAS team to "get the necessary rejuvenation needed to start the new year on a great note".
Individuals who’ll be in need of their services will be helped when their offices have opened.
NSFAS funds students attending public universities and Technical Vocational and Educational Training (TVET) Colleges. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the closing date of 7 January 2022.
If you plan on applying for the NSFAS funding, here is the criteria:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- The person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How does the applications process work?
You will need to first register for a myNSFAS account here, before submitting your NSFAS online application.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Click on ‘Submit’
Once you have done that, you will receive feedback from NSFAS regarding your application.