Chariska Knoetze, STADIO’s Executive Head of Distance Learning, says the institution currently serves more than 20 000 distance learning students, and this number continues to grow as demand continues to increase. She believes distance learning is an important and valuable option to consider for several reasons:
- Freedom of choice: Distance learning gives you the opportunity to select a course from a wide range of reputable tertiary institutions across South Africa and beyond. You have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life (even more so than in a contact learning setting), broadening your perspective.
- Flexibility in your schedule: Distance learning allows you to learn when it's convenient for you, so you can fit your educational goals into your schedule. This is ideal for those who are already working professionals, or who are looking to study part-time around existing family or other commitments.
- Education that doesn’t require extensive travel: Distance learning is a great option for those living in remote areas, who want to save time and money on commuting to class or who travel frequently and thus struggle to attend physical classes regularly.
- Self-paced learning: Distance learning is ideal for students who like to set their own pace and who learn well on their own. You can move as quickly or as slowly as you need to through course material, and you can spread your qualification out over a longer period if you need to.
- Cost-effective education: Distance learning is an affordable option in times when economic pressures continue to increase.
Distance learning with a difference
Knoetze says that STADIO offers distance learning qualifications in the STADIO School of Administration and Management, School of Law, School of Education, School of Commerce, School of Arts and Humanities and School of Policing and Law Enforcement.
“Distance learning can help level the playing field, making education more accessible,” she says.
Our approach to distance learning aims to guarantee the same opportunities for learning and professional growth for everyone, using affordable fees, accessible learning management platforms and a supportive learning experience that is in line with the needs of the world of work. I believe distance learning is the game changer that can serve all our people across Southern Africa.