Great news! Unisa has announced that their 2024 admission applications are being reopened and extended until 17 November.
2024 Unisa applications opened on 1 September and initially closed on 14 October. This application period is dedicated to undergraduate qualifications which includes higher certificates, diplomas and degrees.
The deadline for postgraduate diplomas and honours degrees has also been extended to 17 November.
Unisa also said:
Closing date for applications for qualifications in the College of Accounting Sciences and the College of Science, Engineering and Technology open until 31 January 2024.
Unisa Master's and Doctoral Degrees
Applications for Unisa Master's and Doctoral Degrees are still open and will remain open until 10 November. Some exceptions do however apply.
Unisa Short Courses
Applications and registrations for Unisa short courses, which are their Short Learning Programmes, will begin in November.
How To Apply
- Head to the 'Apply for admission' page
- Once you're here, you will see options for which qualification you want to apply to. Choose the type of qualification you're applying for.
- Read the information then click on 'Start the process'
- Read the information then click on 'Proceed to ODL and Unisa'
- Read the information and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 2 inside which says 'Are you certain about your career?'
- Read the information about applications to Unisa and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says 'Choose or find your qualification?'. (If you require more information on the courses being offered and the different faculties, scroll down to where it says 'Explore qualifications by interest fields'. Once you know which faculty you want to go into and the qualification you want to pursue, to go back to select, click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says 'Choose or find your qualification?' again.)
- You can then select your qualification by college (faculty) or level.
- Once here, you will find the different qualifications Unisa offers in that college/faculty. If you click on the different qualifications, you will find information such as admission requirements and if you click on 'Registration and curriculum information', you will find the modules that belong to that specific qualification.
- You then head back to the page where it shows the different qualifications offered with the step circles on top.
- You have now found the qualification you want to apply for and should now click on the circle with a number 4 inside which says 'Apply for admission'
- Read the information and then click on 'CLICK HERE to apply online'
- In the first section, click on the bubble next to the qualification you're studying towards.
- If you already have a student number, click yes. If not, click no.
- Fill in your details and follow the prompts.
- Once you're done, you'll need to submit relevant documents.
How To Track Your Unisa Application Status
- If you have student enquiries head to the 'Apply for admission: application tool' page
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to status.
- Fill in your details and it should then show you what the current status of your application is.
- If you're accepted, you'll need to accept the offer here.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to 'Offer'
- After accepting, you'll need to register and then you can consider yourself a student of Unisa.
If your application for the 2024 semester 1 academic year is approved, Unisa will reserve a place for the duration and qualification you've applied for. You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the designated 10-day timeframe from the date of the offer.
Should you choose to accept Unisa's offer, you must register for the 2024 academic year's semester 1.