- Training Companies
- Search Courses
- Inhouse courses
- W Cape
- Contact Us
|Looking for Training Companies?||Looking for Work?||Looking for Training Courses?|
You are in : Advertise >
Consumer Protection Act training
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:36
INVITATION TO BID
Kindly note that this bid B-0002086/01/09 is a readvertisement for these particular services
The BANKSETA is a statutory body established through the Skills Development Act of 1998 to enable its stakeholders to advance the national and global position of the banking and micro-finance industry.
The BANKSETA is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified service provider who is located in South Africa to provide workshops on New Consumer Protection Act to Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) within the broader Banking and Microfinance sector.
The objective of this project is to offer 13 full day workshops in all 9 provinces as follows:
* 2 x Western Cape ( Cape Town & George)
* 2 X Kwa Zulu Natal ( Durban & Richards bay)
* 2 x Gauteng ( Johannesburg & Pretoria)
* 1 x Limpopo (Polokwane)
* 1 x Mpumalanga (Nelspruit)
* 1 x North West (Rustenburg)
* 1 x Free State (Bloemfontein)
* 1 X Northern Cape (Kimberley)
* 2 X Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth & East London)
To build capacity in the broader banking and microfinance sector as well as to enable and support BANKSETA registered SMEs in preparing for the implementation of the Consumer Protection Act. This intervention should focus but not be limited to the implications of the bill to the microfinance sector in the following areas:
* Promotion and protection of the economic interests of consumers
* Improvement of access to, and the quality of information leading to
* Creating and enabling environment for consumers to make informed choices
* Protection of consumers from hazards to their well being and safety
* Effective means of redress for consumers
* Promotion and provision for consumers education, including education concerning the social and economic effects of the consumers choices
* Freedom of consumers to associate and form groups to advocate and promote their common interests
Please quote Reference No. B-0002086/01/09 in all correspondence. Correspondence without a reference number will not be attended to.
NOTE: A Non-compulsory briefing session will be held on Thursday, 11 February 2010 at 11:00 in the offices of the BANKSETA, Building 15, Thornhill Office Park, 94 Bekker Road, Midrand.
Bidders should bring their own copies of the bid documentation to the briefing session as copies will not be made available at the briefing session.
Bid documentation is available for downloading from the BANKSETA website (www.bankseta.org.za) or electronically, on request by e-mail, from Mary Morudu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soft copies of the bid documentation are available, for collection only, on prior request by telephone from Mary Morudu at 012 482 0397.
The closing date for submissions is Friday, 26 February 2010 at 11:00. No late submissions will be considered. Submissions should be delivered to: The Procurement Manager, BANKSETA, Thornhill Office Park, Building 15, 94 Bekker Road, Midrand.
Procurement process administered by Deloitte.