The Matric learners of 2023 will find out how they did early in 2024. The Minister of Basic Education will announce the overall pass rate on the evening of the 18th January 2023. She will also announce the pass rates in different provinces and congratulate the country's top achievers.
Related Article: Official Matric Exam Release Schedule Released
The vast majority of learners will only receive their individual matric results the next day.
You can receive your matric results as soon as they come out using one of the following methods.
Get Your Matric Results At School:
- You can receive your matric results directly from the school or institution you wrote them at. You should be able to receive these results after 12pm on results day, 19th January 2024.
Get Your Matric Results Online:
- You can access your results directly by logging onto the Department of Basic Education’s (DBE) website here.
- Before receiving confirmation of your registration, you will need to complete a two-step verification process.
- You will need to provide your ID number and Exam Number to register.
- You won't need data to access your results on the DBE website.
Online News Websites:
- News24 and the Sowetan will both publish the matric results on their online platforms.
Matric Results On Your Phone:
- SMS your exam number to 45856.
- The system will verify your exam number and then send you your results.
- Each SMS costs R1.50, and free SMSes cannot be used.
- You can also receive your results by using the USSD code *120*45856# and entering your exam number to register.
- Your results will be sent to your phone once they become available.
- The USSD service will be charged R1.50 per minute.
The MatricsMate App:
- You can download the app for free on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Most of South Africa’s major daily newspapers will publish the matric results on release day.
Matric Remark, Rechecks And Rewrites
Should candidates who sat for their matric rewrites still not be satisfied with their results, they are afforded another opportunity to improve. This is done through a matric remark, recheck and rewrite.
How To Apply For A Matric Rewrite
To apply, these candidates must complete their registration forms at the examination centre where they wrote the examination or at the nearest district and no online registration option is available.
How to Apply For A Matric Remark/Recheck
Application forms can be obtained from centre where the exam was written. This application can also be done online by following these steps:
- Visit The Government’s Official e-Services Portal
- Click on the education icon, which displays a graduation cap
- Select the Basic Education Option. This will cause several options to appear.
- Select Re-Mark/Recheck
- Fill out all the required fields in the online application and ensure all the information provided is correct.
- Once satisfied that all the information is correct, accept the terms and conditions by checking the designated box (√).