The difference between being assertive and aggressive, is that when you are aggressive you adopt an ‘I win – you lose’ mentality, to achieve what you want. When you display assertive behaviour you deal with issues, instead of emotions, which is the most effective way to ask for what you want.
On this course we will provide you with practical guidance to develop your assertiveness skills in any work situation. You will leave the course with a ‘Personal Action Plan’, knowing what key changes you need to make, and what skills you need to practice, in order to build your self-esteem and become more assertive.
Who should attend?
All individuals and professionals who would like to improve their overall effectiveness at work by improving their assertiveness skills and becoming more confident.
At the course you will learn
• How to say “no” to unreasonable requests
• How to ask for what you want
• What your own behavioural style is and how it affects your ability to be assertive
• To identify and challenge your negative inner dialogue
• The importance that language and body language play in assertive behavior
• How to approach conflict situations with more confidence
• What skills to practice to improve your relationships with difficult people
• How to deal with confrontation, criticism and negativity more effectively