At this course we will reinforce the importance of the receptionist’s role, highlighting how they influence your customers, both face-to-face and on the telephone. Being the public face and voice of your organisation means that you need to have excellent communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
In a supportive environment, we will equip you with the key telephone, communication and customer care skills that you need to succeed.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all receptionists, front line personnel and relief receptionists who would like to develop their professionalism and excel at their role. Receptionists and front line staff from all sectors including government, corporate and private sectors will benefit from the training.
At the course they will learn
• The importance of the receptionists public relations role in the workplace
• How to implement professional behaviour in the workplace according to dress code, voice projection, self image and posture
• How to deal with difficult callers and customer complaints
• How to correctly greet your customers, face-to-face and on the telephone
• How to keep an organized and well maintained reception area
• How to handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls professionally
• How to provide the highest level of internal customer service when taking and relaying messages
• By reviewing examples of good and bad receptionist practices, delegates will realise why certain behavior is inappropriate
What will the course cover?
Your role in the workplace
• The important role you play in the organisation
Customer Service Excellence
• Knowing your companies business – the importance of understanding the organisation, its goals and products
• Handling enquiries to benefit your organisation
• Welcoming your visitors
• Maintaining a positive attitude
• Factors that determine your professional image
• Dealing with the public – become a PRO
• Office etiquette
• Being prepared at all times
• Understanding the challenges and processes of effective communication
• Effective listening and questioning techniques
• Voice techniques
Telephone skills and etiquette
• Tone and attitude - what your voice tells your customers about your company
• Answering techniques - greeting your callers appropriately
• Screening calls and using discretion
• Transferring and re-directing calls
• Leaving and taking messages
• Confidence building techniques
How do I handle difficult customers and callers
• Remaining calm and professional
• Addressing the clients’ needs
• Problem solving techniques
• Stress management
• Handling unwanted visitors
What is included?
• Practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the course facilitator
• A brilliant trainer who is a subject matter expert
• A comprehensive learner guide packed with practical tips
• Post course support to assist you in implementing what you have learned
• Certificate of attendance which you will receive at the course
• Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments