Would you like to ensure that your future projects are a success?
Project management is not just for engineers anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties you perform at work, you are often expected to take on extra duties or what we like to call “mini projects”. These “mini projects” often involve work that needs to be completed on time and on budget.
This highly practical course provides you with essential skills, tools and techniques that you can practically apply back at the workplace, so that you become more competent and confident at managing projects. You will walk away with templates that you can use, as soon as you get back to work, so that you can start managing your “mini projects” like a pro.
Who should attend?
• Individuals wanting to adopt a project approach to managing their work.
• Those involved in setting up a project support office
• New to the role of project manager and/or lack any formal training in the discipline of project management
At the course you will learn
• When it is appropriate to use a “project” approach to your workload
• How to clearly define the purpose of a project to avoid unrealistic project expectations being set
• How to break a project down, into easy to manage stages
• How to structure a plan that will stand up under pressure
• How to get your team to accept your plans and support them
• How to set measurable project objectives
• How to motivate your project team members
• How to utilise your available resources optimally, to eliminate the wasting of time and money
• How to identify and manage risks proactively
• How to minimise deviations from the original plan, by effectively monitoring and controlling a project