To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to re-evaluate their behavioural styles and develop assertiveness and self confidence.
To improve their self confidence, become more assertive and handle conflict in the work place effectively.
At the end of this training course, learners must be able to:-
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of emotions on behaviour and develop techniques for controlling one’s emotions.
3. Describe the main sources of conflict in a business.
4. Explain and demonstrate various techniques for handling conflict and difficult interactive situations in the workplace.
DVD: Handling Conflict
Techniques for handling conflict are illustrated in the DVD and are then practiced in role plays. These include:-
• techniques for strategising and planning for a confrontation;
• reflective listening;
• various questioning techniques and tactics;
• how to confront a person who is offending you in a constructive way;
• the broken record technique;
• behaviour labelling;
• behaviours to avoid being pressured; and
• signalling techniques, which are portrayed in various workplace interactions.