Diversity in today’s workforce is the norm. Globalisation and the need for a variety of skills leads to diverse workforces across the world.
Learning to manage a diverse work team is one of the critical management skills team leaders must have in order to succeed.
This course equips team leaders with the skills and tools needed to manage a diverse work team while at the same time achieving organisational goals.
To learn how to manage a diverse team in the workplace.
Diversity in the workplace
- Managing a diverse team
- Dealing with disagreements
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING OUTCOMES - ALIGNED TO SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of diversity in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of acknowledging diversity in South Africa today!
- Demonstrate understanding of the reality of diversity and its value in a unit!
- Manage team members taking into account similarities and differences.
- Deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in a unit.
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA AND METHODOLOGY
- Self-assessment which measures individual self-awareness
- Participation in class discussions, exercises and role plays
- On course completion of a Portfolio of Evidence
- Submission of post course workplace written assignments
ENTRY LEVEL: Strictly Level 4/Grade 12/Matric, Mathematical literacy – NQF Level 4, Computer literacy – NQf Level 4
Course is conducted in English - Grade 12 level.
3 days in class
AVAILABLE IN VILT
‘Manage a diverse workforce to add value’