By attending this course, you are taking a significant first step towards successfully running your own business. No previous qualifications are required but you need to be comfortable with numbers and basic maths. This course offer practical solutions to many business challenges and will provide a roadmap to being in control of your own success
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is highly recommended for anyone who is considering opening a business and for delegates who have already taken the plunge but need guidance in taking things to the next level.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Delegates will learn the essentials of all businesses
- You will quickly determine if you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur
- Participation in group discussions and case studies will help you content in a practical manner and make it a fun experience
- Our aim is to provide every delegate with the tools to take up the challenge and build a successful business
- We are concerned with the practical application of business skills and not the theoretical regurgitation of knowledge
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
Our course steps delegates through the essential elements required to launch and succeed in a new business. We start with exploring the challenges and benefits of owning your own business and help delegates determine whether they have the traits of an entrepreneur.
Moving on from the initial very brief introspection, we progress to the planning phase where we cover “what” to do and “how” to do it. Failing to plan is the equivalent of planning to fail, so learning the importance of a comprehensive business plan is key as is how to craft a useable and practical plan. Business is constantly evolving, and plans need to be revised based on new information and changing environments.
Once delegates have explored what is required for success, we move on to cover the tools for setting up and managing a new venture. We deal with the nuances and essentials of:
- Entrepreneurship in the South African Context
- The key personality and skills traits of an Entrepreneur
- Generating practical business ideas
- Creating a Business Plan
- Sales and Marketing
- Legal Entities and Compliance
- Costing and Setting Prices for a Product or Service
- The basics of Financial Management
- Overview of record-keeping and Financial Statements
- How to manage Cashflow, Debtors, Creditors, and VAT
You can view all our courses HERE
Other People Were Also Interested In
The education department has announced several changes in the hope of improving education outcomes in South Africa. One significant change has been revealed in the 2024 school calendar covering school terms and school holidays.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) has opened applications for the 2023 academic year’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The undergraduate programs provides qualifications such as higher certificates, advanced certificates, national diplomas, advanced diplomas and degrees.