Influence & Persuasion
Many people never realize how much influence they actually have, despite how often they use it. These people capitalize on persuasion in sales settings, negotiating raises, adopting change, or making effective decisions. This will help you develop the skills to apply controlled influence and persuasion in these areas and more. You will develop the following skills:
• How persuasion differs from manipulation.
• How to apply techniques of persuasion and influence.
• Getting persuasive conversations and presentations underway.
• Using storytelling techniques to extend influence, and more.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: Understanding Persuasion
1. How Persuasion Works
2. Pre-Assignment Review
Session Three: Preparing to Persuade
1. Pushing and Pulling
2. Communicating with Confidence
3. Frame of Reference
Session Four: Getting Off on the Right Foot
1. Building Rapport
2. Matching and Mirroring
Session Five: Presentation Strategies
1. Five Points for Any Presentation
2. Preparing with the Five S Pattern
Session Six: Using Stories to Persuade
1. The Importance of Story
2. Storytelling Time
Session Seven: Using Neuro Linguistic Programming
1. Defining Neuro Linguistic Programming
2. A Brief History
3. Understanding Common NLP Terms
4. Embedding Positive or Negative Commands
5. Influencing Outcomes
Other People Were Also Interested In
The education department has announced several changes in the hope of improving education outcomes in South Africa. One significant change has been revealed in the 2024 school calendar covering school terms and school holidays.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) has opened applications for the 2023 academic year’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The undergraduate programs provides qualifications such as higher certificates, advanced certificates, national diplomas, advanced diplomas and degrees.