Question 1: Did you know?
Behind every successful business is without a doubt, a strong professional support team collectively known as administrative professionals. They come in many forms and their tasks can include writing business correspondence, developing and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, managing individual projects, conducting research online and offline, creating and maintaining databases, scheduling for managers and executives, maintaining calendar systems for individuals and departments, ordering office supplies and maintaining inventories, leasing office equipment, working with vendors, answering and handling telephone calls, creating spreadsheets and reports, planning and coordinating small and large meetings and events,
making travel arrangements, and much, much more.
You might know them as Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Team Coordinators, Administrative Assistants, Project Administrators, Receptionists, Clerks to name a few.
Question 2: Do you know an administrative professional that consistently delivers admin excellence?
Someone who demonstrates his or her commitment
• to the company’s strategy and financial success by implementing processes and procedures that promote effectiveness and efficiency? (Administrative Excellence in the private sector);
• to the Batho Pele principle through consistently implementing and modelling the principles in his or her department? (Administrative Excellence in the public sector);
• understanding and need for resourcefulness and innovation by being resourceful and achieving outputs and impact with limited resources? (Administrative Excellence in an NPO/NGO)?
Question 3: What can you do?
Show your appreciation and acknowledge their outstanding performance by nominating them for an OPSA National Administrative Excellence Award and share this artcile with your colleagues so that they can nominate someone of their choice.
Nominations close on 23 March 2020
Winners will be announced on 22 April 2020
The Association for Office Professionals of South Africa (OPSA), a recognised SAQA professional body hold the National Administrative Excellence Awards during Administrative Professionals Week in April each year to recognise and reward administrative excellence in the workplace.
• Newbie Award: someone who is new to the administrative industry (less than three years’ experience) and have demonstrated outstanding support services and continued enthusiasm
towards their role and have a commitment to personal and professional development.
• Mentor Award: someone who serves as a mentor to other administrative professionals and is passionate about helping others succeed and reach their goals
• Project Administration Award: someone who has been involved in an administrative role in a project that has had a positive impact within the past 2 years and who displays excellent
communication skills with the project team and stakeholders, time management and organisational skills.
Action: Complete and submit a nomination form at www.opsa.org.za
If there are any queries, email [email protected]