Do you go against, behind and in front of the grain? Are you the streetwise running anti-clockwise? Do you see the unseen? Do you dream the undreamed? Are you what the world needs? This is a call to you, future entrepreneurs.
The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation is calling on all young, entrepreneurially-minded Grade 12 learners to apply for the most comprehensive and stimulating Fellowship opportunity in Southern African. Applications close on 11 May 2018.
The Foundation believes that entrepreneurially-minded individuals with ethical values and leadership skills hold the key to change in Southern Africa and the globe. The Foundation provides youth who demonstrate the highest potential an opportunity to become an entrepreneur, access to education and assists them with cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Fellowship provides access to university education, which includes comprehensive tertiary financial support. The Fellowship’s entrepreneurial and personal development programme runs throughout the academic year alongside the Candidate Fellow’s university studies.
PREREQUISITE FOR GRADE 12s:
· Level 5 in Pure Mathematics for Grade 11 final results
· Level 6 average for your final Grade 11 results (excluding Life Orientation)
· Completion of the National Benchmark Test by 30 September 2018
· Under the age of 21 in your application year
· South African citizens
· Intention to study towards a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding Medicine), Engineering, Law or Humanities (majoring in Politics, Philosophy or Economics) at the University of Witwatersrand (WITS), University of Johannesburg (UJ), University of the Free State (UFS), University of Cape Town (UCT), Nelson Mandela University (NMU), Rhodes University, the University of the Western Cape (UWC), University of Stellenbosch or the University of Pretoria (UP).
The Foundation uses the following unique success profile methodology to choose potential candidates for its Fellowship programme:
· General knowledge – candidates’ knowledge base
· Experience – activities/engagements candidates have been involved in
· Competencies – how candidates perform in relation to the Foundation’s five pillars
· Personal attributes – candidates’ personality
· Potential – candidates’ cognitive and entrepreneurial potential
HOW TO APPLY:
· Visit www.allangrayorbis.org to download an application form, or
· To apply online, visit our portal allangrayorbis.microsoftcrmportals.com/