Friday, August 7, 2020 - 2:59pm
Employees have an important role to play in managing the spread of Covid-19, and should:
- Immediately inform your employer if you test positive for Covid-19 or have been in close contact with a positive case.
- Inform your employer if you are sick and do not come to work if you are sick.
- Try as much as possible to always travel in the same transport, work in the same place or production line and have break times with the same colleagues observing physical distancing measures. This helps to reduce the potential spread of infection and makes it easier for the employer and health officials to determine who employees have been in contact with where there is a positive case of Covid-19.
- Take responsibility for your own health by:
- Practising social distancing and staying 1.5 metres from others at all times
- Washing or sanitising hands regularly
- Practising good hygiene
- Wearing face masks or a face covering when in public
- Practising all the above in your workspace as well as in communal break areas, such as canteens and smoke areas.