The Western Cape has made it possible for more people to access the vaccine registration system.
The province has announced that people will be able to use public Wi-Fi hotspots to access the Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) website.
“By zero-rating, a greater number of people from across the province will be able to register for their vaccines, regardless of whether they live in rural settings or have limited access to the internet,” said the provincial government on Tuesday.
The Western Cape believes that giving people in the province access to public wifi will help the government reach its registration targets.
How To Access The Wi-Fi Hotspots
Visit www.westerncape.gov.za/wifi to find a hotspot near you by inserting the name of your suburb. Once you have done this, select the 'search' button.
You will then be able to start the process of connecting to the public Wi-Fi hotspots:
• Go to device settings on your Wi-Fi enabled device.
• Switch on your Wi-Fi function
• Search for Wi-Fi Networks and select 'WCG LiquidHotspot'
• This will take you to the landing page, which will give you options to browse free sites.
• You will then be able to access the internet, with 3GB free data per month
How to register on the system
- You will need internet access and a smartphone/tablet/computer
- Visit the following website: vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za.
- Follow the instructions on the page and put in all the details required by the system.
- You will then receive an SMS to the phone number you provided. This will confirm that your details have been captured and you are now in a queue to be scheduled to receive your vaccine.
- You will then receive an SMS that will give you details about a date and the place where you will be vaccinated.
- You will be referred to a vaccination centre that is closest to you.
- Citizens will be provided with a proof of vaccination card and receive a confirmation SMS on their phone.
Contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 0800 029 999 if you have problems registering on the system.