The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) recently announced that their walk-in offices will be reopening to help assist students with enquiries about the financial aid scheme.
NSFAS’ mandate is to provide financial assistance to students in the form of bursaries who are pursuing higher education. Their bursaries are awarded to students who attend public universities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
List Of Requirements Needed To Qualify For the NSFAS Bursary
- Be a South African citizen.
- Registered at any public university for the 2021 academic year.
- Have a combined household income of less than R350 000 per annum.
- Have a combined household income of less than R600 000 per annum for people living with disabilities.
- SASSA grant recipients automatically qualify based on their financial eligibility.
- Have a valid email address.
- Have your own valid cell phone number
NSFAS bursaries cover tuition, food, accommodation, transport, personal care and learning materials.
If you qualify for NSFAS in your first year of studying, you will not need to reapply and will automatically be covered if you continue to be eligible for the bursary and continue to meet the academic requirements.
You can apply for NSFAS on their website www.nsfas.org.za .