The Northern Cape has announced the opening date for online school applications for Grade R, Grade 1 and Grade 8.
The application period will start on 23 May 2022 and concludes around a month later on 20 June 2022.
In the Northern Cape, applications consist of three steps. Parents must complete these steps to ensure their application is complete.
- Parent/ legal guardian registration
- Learner profiling
Here’s The Required Documentation Needed When Applying For School In The Northern Cape For South African Citizens
- A copy of the Parent/Legal guardian ID (or affidavit in a case where the parent / legal guardian does not have an identity document);
- Proof of Home Address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord);
- Child’s Birth certificate or an affidavit or a sworn statement;
- Clinic Card / Proof of immunisation for Grade R and Grade 1 Applications;
- The most recent Grade 7 learner progress report for Grade 8 Applications.
Non-South African citizens can provide a…
Learner valid study permit, Asylum Seeker permit, Refugee Permit, Temporary or Permanent residence issued by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA)
Parents can submit Parent/Legal Guardian Passport, Asylum Seeker, Refugee Permit, or Temporary or Permanent residence issued by DHA.
Proof of Home Address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord)
All The Applications Will Be Considered And Recommended Based On The Following Ranked Criteria
- If the applicant learner has a sibling attending the school of application in the year of submission (sibling means a learner who has at least one parent who is also the parent of the learner already attending that school);
- If the place of residence of the applicant learner is in the same suburb as the school applied to;
- If the place of residence (residential suburb) of the applicant learner(s) is adjacent to the suburb of the school applied to;
- Applicant learners whose parent/ guardian is an employee at the school applied to;
- If places remain after all the above-mentioned applicants have been offered places, other applicants, in the order of the position of the application should be recommended.
For more information, you can visit http://ncdoe.ncpg.gov.za or contact the call centre on one of the following numbers: 053 874 7012/64 or 053 874 7161/89 or 053 874 7239/92.