The Department of Home Affairs will be bringing back some services that were temporarily suspended in January 2021.
Minister of Home Affairs, Dr Aaron Motsoaledi, announced these services would come back from Thursday 4 March 2021.
This decision comes after President Cyril Ramaphosa moved the country to lockdown level 1.
“Online services, through eHome Affairs and our partner banks, will be resumed on Monday, 8 March 2021,” said the Minister.
However, the citizenship service will remain temporarily unavailable despite the move to level 1.
During Adjusted Lockdown Level 3, the Department of Home Affairs only offered services for:
- Birth registration;
- Re-issuance of birth certificates
- Late registration of birth (LRB) for learners and pensioners only
- Death registration
- Application for temporary identity certificate (TIC)
- Collection of identity cards or documents
Now that level 1 is in full swing, the department will offer these additional services:
- Re-issuing of Smart ID Cards and identity documents
- Registration and solemnization of marriages
- Amendments and rectifications
- Late registration of birth (LRB) for all categories
- Applications for and collection of passports for all categories.