Applications for the temporary R350 grant can be submitted on SASSA's Social Relief of Distress (SRD) website. Here's how you can go about submitting your application using the SRD website.
- Open your internet browser
- Search for https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- You will then have to submit your ID number and mobile number
- Once you have done that, click the 'send sms' button
- Insert the One Time Pin (OTP) number and click 'verify pin'
- Continue to step 2: Agree To Terms and Conditions
You will need to supply SASSA with the following information in order for your application to be considered.
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Name and Surname as captured in the Identity Document
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details - Cell phone number
- Residential Address
SASSA started paying out the grant to successful beneficiaries on 25 August 2021. Most recently, SASSA released a statement, confirming that 5.8 million applicants have been paid since then.
Of these applicants, around 1.5 million opted to receive their grants using the cardless ATM payment method. However, there have been some delays, as people who chose this payment method have still not received their money.
SASSA CEO, Busisiwe Memela-Khambula explained that they are working to resolve this with the National Treasury.
“As soon as Treasury approves our request, we will pay every cent owed to this category of beneficiaries without any waste of time. We really empathise with them but we also have a responsibility to follow the law”.
Applicants who are yet to receive confirmation about the status of their application have been urged to wait for an SMS informing them that they can collect their payment.