While adhering to the proper protective measures will help workers to stay safe, it is still possible to contract Covid-19 at work.
Here's how you can prevent infection in the workplace:
- Work from home if you are considered 'at risk' or if you feel unwell
- Always practice social distancing and stay 1.5 metres from others at all times - even when sharing a desk with a colleague.
- Wash or sanitise hands regularly.
Tip: Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer (65% alcohol or higher) on your desk to always have it at hand.
- Make sure that the office has sufficient ventilation by keeping windows open.
- Always wear a face mask or face shield when interacting with others
- Practice all the above in your workspace as well as in communal break areas, such as canteens and smoke areas.
- Do not share stationary or telephones during this time.
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces such as desks, light switches, door handles, phones, staircase railings, touch screens, keypads, taps and toilets
- Share digital instead of physical documents with colleagues.
Assess your risk level of contracting Covid-19 at work HERE https://www.skillsportal.co.za/content/assess-your-risk-level-contracting-covid-19-work