Beneficiaries can update their accounts from receiving their grants at the post office to receiving them through their personal bank accounts.
Approved beneficiaries of the grant can change their payment method by visiting https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has introduced new flexible methods that recipients can use to receive their R350 grant.
How to change my sassa banking details
To change or updated your banking details, visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za and scroll down to the "How do I change my banking details" section.
- An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
- Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
- Should you select payment into a bank account, please ensure that you are the owner of the account. SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
- Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant into a mobile phone number which is registered to another person.
- Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.