Do you know the guidelines to using a Fabric Face Mask?
- Face masks should never be touched when wearing them – fidgeting with the mask repeatedly is strongly discouraged as it is important to avoid touching your face with hands;
- Do not lower the face mask when speaking, coughing, or sneezing;
- The inner side of the face mask should not be touched with hands;
- Face masks should cover your nose and mouth entirely; and
- Wash fabric face masks with soap and water and iron when dry.
- Each person will need to have at least 2 face masks.
Take note, wearing a mask is not a primary preventative measure and should not provide a false sense of protection that leads to a misuse of masks. COVID-19 preventative measures include the exercise of good hand hygiene and physical distancing.