SASSA has released grant payment dates for March, as February comes to an end.
Payments for the month of March will be made as follows:
- Older persons’ grant - paid from 3 March 2021.
- Disability grants - paid from 4 March 2021.
- All other grants - paid from 5 March 2021.
Along with this, SASSA has welcomed the National Treasury's decision to increase SASSA grants.
"All grant values will increase by less than inflation. The number of beneficiaries is expected to increase by about 300 000 people over the period,” reads the 2021 Budget Review report.
The grant increases will take effect from 1 April 2021:
- Old Age,Disability and Care Dependency Grant increases to R1 890
- War Veterans Grant increases to R1 910
- Child Support Grant increases to R460
- Foster Child Grant increases to R1 050
The temporary R350 Special Covid-19 grant has been extended until 30 April 2021.
Those whose applications have been declined are encouraged to appeal, while those who have already been approved do not need to reapply.
The appeals process applies to applications declined between 1 November 2020 and 31 January 2021.
"The appeal must be lodged on the website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za by following the “reconsideration” link. If clients do not appeal, their application will not be reconsidered." said SASSA.
Appeals must be completed by the closing date of 28 February 2021.