SASSA has released payment dates for the month of April. These payment dates include dates for old persons, disability and children's grants.
Payments will be made from 6 April to 8 April 2021 for the following grants:
- Old persons - 06 April 2021
- Disability grants - 7 April 2021
- Children's grants - 8 April 2021
In February, Finance Minister Tito Mboweni announced that grants will increase taking effect in April 2021.
This means beneficiaries will receive more money in the month of April than previously.
- Old age and disability grants will be R1 890 (1.6% increase)
- Persons over the age of 75 and war veterans will receive R1 910 (1.6% increase)
- Foster care grants will be R1 050 (1.0% increase)
- Care dependency grant will be R1 890
- Child support will be R460 (3.4% increase).
The R350 temporary grant is the only grant that will not increase, as it will come to an end soon.
Extended applications for the R350 grant are currently open and will close on 30 April 2021.
You can apply for the R350 grant in one of the following ways:
- SRD Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Email: [email protected]
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
- USSD: *134*7737#
If you have already applied for the grant, you do not need to reapply. SASSA has been working closely with the South African Post Office (SAPO) to ensure that all beneficiaries receive payments.
"Beneficiaries should also know that there is no deadline for them to collect their grant from the Post Office. The funds that are waiting for them do not expire and they can collect it later if it suits them." said SAPO in a statement.