Yes, there is - for maximum protection, here's how to wear your N95 respirator during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Remember to wash your hands before taking the mask out of its packaging. Avoid touching the inside of the respirator.
- Hold the respirator in one hand with the index finger positioned on the nose clip.
- Put the respirator over your face and make sure that the nose strip of the respirator is positioned as close to your nose as possible to prevent any gaps
- Pull each ear band behind the ear
- Use both hands to adjust the straps to ensure it fits snugly
Then, perform the air test to make sure you are wearing it correctly:
- Use your hands to cover the outside of the mask and exhale. If you feel air leaking from the nose location, tighten the nose clip and repeat the process.
- If you feel air leaking from the edges of the mask, re-adjust the ear bands to ensure a snug fit and try again.
If the respirator does not seal well to your face, airborne droplets can enter through the gaps.