Unisa's application window for the 2020 academic year is open now, giving first time students an opportunity to reserve their seat.
Undergraduates will be able to submit their applications between 20 August and 27 September 2019.
Do you want to enter a study programme at Unisa? Then follow the steps set out below:
Step 1: Check Your Course Requirements
Do you meet the admission requirements, and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification?
Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points in order to enter. Do your research and find out what you need to apply.
Step 2: Provide Valid Contact Details
Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. Unisa corresponds with applicants during and after the application process.
Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
Step 3: Prepare Your Documents
These documents will be required from students applying to study at Unisa for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process.
- A copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- A copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- A copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- A copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- A sworn translation of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Step 4: Apply Online
Once you have completed steps 1, 2 and 3 you will be ready to apply on the Unisa website.
Note that applications will only officially open on the 20 August.
Step 5: Pay The Application Fee
Unisa charges R110 for online applications. Your application will only be accepted and processed once the fee has been paid. Be advised that this is a non-refundable fee.
Once you have submitted your application you can sit back relax and wait to hear whether you have been accepted.