The University of Mpumalanga, a comprehensive university, was formally and legally promulgated through the publication of Government Notice (No. 36772) on 22 August 2013 and launched on the 31st of October 2013. The Interim Council appointed the Strategic Management Team which managed the day to day operations of the university.
The inaugural students were enrolled in February 2014 in the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Education ( Foundation Phase Teaching )
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Agriculture (Agricultural Extension)
Two additional programmes have been introduced in 2015:
- Diploma in Agriculture ( Plant Production )
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology ( Application Development )
University of Mpumalanga Campuses
- Mbombela Campus
- Siyabuswa Campus
University of Mpumalanga Online Applications
Applications to study at the University of Mpumalanga can be made online via the official website.