Unisa is South Africa’s largest distance learning institution. This means that classes and examinations take place online. The university has tried several solutions to prevent learners from cheating during these online examinations.
The university uses proctoring tools to ensure that learners do not cheat. A proctoring tool requires students to have a working camera on their laptop, computer or smartphone. This tool verifies the student’s identity during the examination suing the camera of the device.
Unisa explained that proctoring tools allow for the easy verification of students and mitigates against somebody else taking the exam on behalf of the student.
It also ensures that the examination rules and regulations are followed and protects the students' qualification for future employment.
Here's What You Need For Unisa Examinations
- Laptop/desktop/smartphone with a working camera.
- Reliable internet network connectivity for the usage of IRIS and Moodle Proctoring.
- IRIS proctoring tool strictly requires a device with a web camera.
- Upload your head and shoulders profile picture on the myExams platform before the exam.
Unisa warned that the non-usage of proctoring tools will result in the students’ results being withheld, and the identified students requested to re-register for their modules.
Incarcerated students, as well as students living with disabilities, are exempted from proctoring.
Here’s How To Update Your Unisa Profile Picture
- Login to https://my.unisa.ac.za/
- Click on “MyModules 2022”
- In the top right corner, next to your name, click on the “orange down arrow”
- Click on Profile
- Click on Edit profile
- Scroll down to User picture
- Upload your picture
- Scroll down towards end of page and click Update profile