During South Africa’s 21-day lockdown period, police minister, Bheki Cele, announced that citizens are only permitted to leave their residences under the following circumstances.
- To buy essential goods
- To perform an essential service
- To collect social grants or pension
- In the case of an emergency - to seek urgent medical attention, buy chronic medication etc.
Furthermore, movement between provinces, metropolitan and district areas is strictly prohibited except:
- for essential workers who have to travel to and from work;
- when transportation essential cargo from ports of entry to their intended destination, provided that the necessary precautions have been taken to sanitise and disinfect such cargo; and
- to attend the funeral of a loved one or transport human remains for burial.
Read more on the regulations surrounding funerals: https://buff.ly/2UHt1Ek