Diversity, whether in the workplace or own life, means the inclusion of people who belong to various cultural groups, or people with different human qualities.
Understanding your colleagues can go a long way to manage diversity within the work environment. To achieve this goal we need to look at the common misconceptions regarding diversity:
1. Diversity is strictly a social or moral issue;
2. Diversity is simply a business issue.
Social interactions and moral values have less to do with a person’s acceptance and ability to work effectively with other individuals, than upbringing, background and lack of knowledge and understanding towards different cultures, religions and ethnic groups.
Diversity encompasses both social and financial issues. If managed correctly, diversity can be a powerful tool in aiding an organization to achieve success.
Diversity enables an organization to:
- Recruit the best talent
- Function better as a team
- Achieve external success in the form of enhanced productivity and increased revenue.
- Experience enhanced internal relationships among employees
- Improve employee commitment and morale
- Improve relationships with clients, vendors and the public
For any queries regarding this course or any other training, contact the Academy Training Group on 012-997 2804 or email [email protected]