The world is always changing, and we are changing with it. The skills we acquire on a daily basis can come from a combination of work- and life experiences.
Instead of being limited to a classroom, we gain skills from a combination of formal education, training, short courses, and life in general.
The good news is that these don't need to be seen as "nice-to-have" skills, it can count towards your formal qualification.
This is where RPL comes in – Recognition of Prior Learning aims to support the transformation of South Africa’s education and training system by taking into account what you already know about a subject and translating it into credits within your qualification.
What is an RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning otherwise known as RPL is a process of identifying your knowledge and skills against a qualification through the identification, mediation, assessment and acknowledgement of knowledge and skills obtained through informal, non-formal or formal learning.
Benefits of an RPL:
- identify what a learner knows and can do
- match the person’s skills, knowledge and experience to specific standards and the associated assessment criteria of a unit standard or qualification
- assess the person against those standards
- credit the person for skills, knowledge and experience built up through formal, informal and non-formal learning that occurred in the past.
Duration: 3-5 months (duration may vary based on assessment)
Cost: 50% of our total course fee
How do you apply?
To have skills formally recognised in the national system, assessors must make sure you have the skills and knowledge to meet the industry-standard or qualification that you wish to apply.
The application process has three steps:
Step 1 - Provide information about your practical on the job skills and experience, this will be submitted together with your CV and any certificates obtained
Step 2 - Submit your application
Step 3 - Assessment of the RPL Application Outcome
RPL training options:
- Theory only: Learner will receive training material for the theory assessment and Learners will be required to provide proof of their practical evidence.
- Theory and Practical - Learner will receive training material for the theory assessment and Practical assessments that they shortfalls for.
Our RPL offer:
If you have more than 5 years of work experience and are looking to complete and attain your qualification, study your theory component with Eskilz College in a 3-month span, and get 50% less off the total course fee.
For more information contact us on [email protected] or call 010 030 0080