Design and Develop outcomes-based assessments
SAQA UNIT STANDARDS IDENTIFICATION:115755
NQF LEVEL: 6.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD:
This unit standard is for people who design and develop assessments to facilitate consistent, credible, reliable, fair, and unbiased assessments of learning outcomes. The outcomes may be defined in a range of documents including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications particularly within the field of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
In particular, people credited with this unit standard will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of design principles of outcomes-based assessments;
• Design outcomes-based assessments;
• Develop assessments activities;
• Develop assessments guides; and
• Evaluate assessments designs and guides.