This qualification will meet the need of those who wish to progress beyond the FETC ODETD, or who wish to enter the field of ETD for the first time. The certificate will also help to increase the employment prospects of ETD practitioners, while helping to ensure quality and competence within the ETD field.
This qualification will provide a means to recognise ODETD practise at level 5 across five key ETD roles in a generalist capacity, with particular application possible in at least one role. Practitioners who wish to extend the skills in ETD to cover further ETD roles should select the Diploma ODETD, Level 5.
Who will benefit:
This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC in any field to enter the field of ODETD as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to ETD. The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This qualification will be useful for:
- Learning facilitators.
- Learner and learning supporters.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
This qualification will provide practitioners with the general ETD skills required at NQF level 5 across five key ETD roles, with the opportunity to specialise further in one of the following four roles:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate learning.
- Design and conduct assessments.
- Facilitate skills development.
Practitioners will generally carry out their role within the context of:
- Given Quality Assurance policies, procedures and processes.
- A guided and supported learning environment.
- It is assumed that practitioners have expertise in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development, at a level required to engage meaningfully in ETD within that field.
- It is also assumed that learners working towards this qualification hold a FETC (Matric Certificate) or equivalent. Further learning assumptions are specified within the associated unit standards where required.
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings.
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes.
- Facilitate and evaluate learning.
- Engage in and promote assessment practices.
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations.
- Conduct Skills Development Facilitation
- Fundamental: all 10 credits for Communications.
- Core: all 64 Core credits.
- Elective: 66 Elective credits
You qualify for a 30% discount if you pay for the course in full ONCE OFF. Please contact us for the prices and course dates.