This course covers the basic operation of an earthmoving equipment machine. Course delegates will gain an in-depth knowledge of safety related to machine operation, the operation of the machine component systems, and operating techniques of the machine and how to assess competencies of machine operators.
What are the course pre-requisites?
Course delegates must have a working knowledge of earthmoving equipment machines, construction and or mining and must be able to communicate at an NQF level 3: literacy and numeracy
What are the learning outcomes?
- Demonstrate knowledge of the functions of a machine
- Explain how to plan for work activities and prepare work area
- Explain how to start and shut down a machine
- Explain the operation a machine according to the operator’s manual
- Explain how to transport a machine to and from site
- Assess competencies of eartmoving equipment operators