This course covers the basic operation of the electrical system of earthmoving equipment machines and its operating components. Course delegates will gain an in-depth knowledge of the electrical system for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
What are learning outcomes?
- Explain the principles of electricity
- Describe direct current and alternating current
- Explain the operating principle of electromagnets
- Describe voltage, resistance and current in a circuit
- Define Ohm’s law
- Explain what is series, parallel and series-parallel circuits
- Explain the operation of a battery
- Understand how to read electrical drawings
- Understand the basic operation of a starter motor
- Explain the operation of an alternator
- Understand how to conduct basic electrical maintenance