This training programme empowers managers of facilities to understand the importance of procurement in a facilities management environment, bidding processes and gain a holistic understanding of the element of facilities management suppliers that deliver, products and services. The course further assists procurement managers to understand contract management principles and prepare service level agreements.
This course will equip the facilities manager with an understanding of contracts, their purpose and why they matter in the day to day management of service delivery. It is important for the facilities manager to realise that a relationship exists between the service provider and the client which is governed and regulated by a contract and by the specific terms and conditions contained therein.
What You Will Learn:
Delegates will gain a knowledge and understand the practical application of:
- Discussing contract management principles to facilitate facilities management service delivery
- Identifying the critical elements of a contract and SLA generation and monitoring principles
- Understanding the importance of procurement alignment with an organisation’s corporate objectives by measuring quality versus prices versus risk
- Discussing critical elements of the procurement of facilities management suppliers that deliver products and services
- Discussing critical elements of tendering, bidding and contract review process including SLA measuring principles
- Introduction to procurement and contract management
- Procurement strategy and principles
- Maintenance of relationships with suppliers and specialists
- Supply chain management (demand, acquisitions, logistics and disposal)
- Legal aspects of procurement management
- Principles of contract management for facilities managers
- Supplier management