This generic assessor training is for those who assess people for their achievement of learning outcomes in terms of defined standards, including national curriculum statements, unit standards, exit level outcomes and qualifications. The generic assessor training is compulsory for all educators, trainers and lecturers.
Those who achieve this unit standard will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. Furthermore, they will be able to assess performance against standards and qualifications registered on the NQF; using pre-designed assessment instruments.
The training places emphasis on the fair, valid, reliable and practicable assessment of learners in a manner that free of all bias and discrimination. Participants have to conduct FIVE short assessments during the training to familiarise themselves with the process, methods, tools and instruments of assessment.
This course will provide you with a better understanding of the South African Qualifications Authority, National Qualifications Framework, registered unit standards and qualifications, learnerships, skills levies, the different methods of assessing learners and the differences and similarities between the old and new method of assessment.
Learners credited with this unit standard will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of standards based assessment
• Prepare for assessment (This includes the preparation of the learner)
• Conduct assessment
• Provide feedback on assessments
• Review assessments.
YOU STUDY AT YOUR OWN PACE
1. More comfortable learning environment: Commercials that featuring students studying in the pajamas only skim the surface of one of the primary benefits of video education: there are no physical class sessions.
2. Convenience and flexibility: Video courses give students the opportunity to plan their study time around the rest of their day, instead of the other way around. Students can study and work when they are at their peak energy, whether that’s early morning or late at night.
3. Greater ability to concentrate: Some students even report that video courses are easier to concentrate in because they are not distracted by other students and classroom activity.
4. Videos on a cd save the cost internet connection.