This generic assessor training is for those who assess people for their achievement of learning outcomes in terms of defined standards, including national curriculum statements, unit standards, exit level outcomes and qualifications. The generic assessor training is compulsory for all educators, trainers and lecturers.
Those who achieve this unit standard will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. Furthermore, they will be able to assess performance against standards and qualifications registered on the NQF; using pre-designed assessment instruments.
The training places emphasis on the fair, valid, reliable and practicable assessment of learners in a manner that free of all bias and discrimination. Participants have to conduct FIVE short assessments during the training to familiarise themselves with the process, methods, tools and instruments of assessment.
This course will provide you with a better understanding of the South African Qualifications Authority, National Qualifications Framework, registered unit standards and qualifications, learnerships, skills levies, the different methods of assessing learners and the differences and similarities between the old and new method of assessment.
Learners credited with this unit standard will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of standards based assessment
• Prepare for assessment (This includes the preparation of the learner)
• Conduct assessment
• Provide feedback on assessments
• Review assessments.
Prior Learning Requirements
No previous assessment experience is required but candidate-assessors should have evaluative expertise within the area of learning in which they intend to assess.
• A 2 day training workshop at skills programmes level and one (1) POE workshop approx. 6 weeks after to complete and submit the POE.
• A template is provided for the required Portfolio.
• Six weeks workplace assessment – to assess the learners
• Free learner support by phone, SMS, email or visit to our venue.
• Portfolio completed within 6-8 weeks
• Once you have successfully completed this unit standard you will have to register with your individual SETA as
DATE: 30 & 31 January 2017 and POE workshop tentative 13 March 2017
TIME: 09:00 to 13:00 each day
Cost for three days and unlimited support R3000
email email@example.com for booking form
Venue: Pinetown location given on registration