Those who have achieved this unit standard will be able to moderate assessments activities in terms of the relevant standards and quality assurance requirements.
In particular, they will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of a standards based assessment system
• Plan and prepare for moderation
• Conduct moderation
• Advise and Support Learners
• Report, record and administer moderation, and
• Review moderation systems and procedures
The focus of the moderator is to moderate the People, Process and Products.
Prior Learning Requirements
• The moderator candidate should have previous assessment experience, and in particular, recognition for the unit standard 7978 or new 115753 : Conduct standards-based assessment.
• It is further assumed that the person has evaluative expertise within the field in which they are moderating assessments.
• Power point presentation of course with page reference to Learner manual
• Facilitation by video of an actual workshop at skills programmes level.
• A template is provided for the required Portfolio and completed while viewing video of workshop and reference to the Learner Manual.
• Six weeks to complete the Port Folio of Evidence (POE) including a practical
• Call, SMS or visit our venue for learner support
• Once you have successfully completed this unit standard we upload you to ETDP SETA who issues a Statement of Results (SOR) which you will use to register with your individual SETA as a Moderator.