To achieve in the business world you have to be able to write well. Sometimes the only window that senior management has to you & your performance is through the reports that you write.
Report writing is central to decision making & progress reporting and this is often achieved through documents such as proposals, business cases and status reports.
Yet it is surprising how many people struggle to write well. Fortunately, effective report writing is something that can be mastered. To assist business professionals in developing the skills required to write well, AstroTech is offering a training course on Business Communications & Report Writing.
The course covers the following key topics:
• Who, Why & What?
- Establishing & Understanding the Need for the Report
- Identifying the Purpose of the Report
- Knowing the Audience
- Identifying the Needs of the Audience
- Reader-centred writing
- Maintaining the Reader's Attention
• Report Planning & Structure
- Why planning is crucial
- The Design & Structure of the Report
- The Report Format
- Introducing the Content
- Achieving Flow
- Ensuring a Logical Structure
- Selecting Relevant Information
- Writing Professional Reports
- The Third Person
- Being Concise but Complete
- Ensuring Quality
- Proof reading
• Bringing the Report to Life
- Maximising the Impact of the Report
- Selecting Terminology Appropriate for the Recipient
- How to make a Report Interesting
- When & How to add some Flair!
- Writing with Confidence
- The Significance of Word Selection
- Building a Persuasive Argument
- Keeping Readers Interested
- Achieving Impact
- Compelling, Motivating & Persuading Your Reader!
- Getting Attention!
- Livening Up a Document
- Selecting an Appropriate Style & Tone
• The Good, the Bad & the Ugly!
- Identifying Features of a Poor Report
- Identifying features of an Effective Report
- Getting the Message across
- Avoiding Rambling & Repetition
- Technical Reports for Non-Technical Readers
- Working with Subject-Matter Experts
- Converting Data into Information
- Supporting tools such as Tables, Graphs, Illustrations, Lists, etc
• And Much More!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Business Professionals who can improve their Reports, Business Cases, and Other Business Documentation
• Technical People/Specialists who need to Write Reports for Non-Technical Readers
• Sales Staff Responsible for Preparing Proposals
• Anyone else looking to Improve their Business Writing Skills
• Improve your effectiveness by writing well
• Learn how to get your message across in writing
• Achieve the Results that you want by learning to write convincingly
• Improve your Performance & Profile by writing professionally
• Learn to Write from the Reader's Perspective
• Learn to Write Confidently & Clearly
• Reduce Rework in Re-writing Reports
• Network with Other Industry Professionals
TAKE HOME TOOLS
• Training Manual & CD
• All delegates receive one month of telephonic support relating to course content