Being a manager requires a whole new set of skills that can be very daunting to the recently appointed manager.
Suddenly you are required to perform a completely new and different role as well as to take responsibility for the performance of others.
Your success is no longer dependent upon tasks completed by you but by the performance of your team. Without the skills to manage well, your own performance is in jeopardy.
On the other hand, a skilled manager can double the productivity of a team and significantly impact the performance of a business unit or company.
To assist newly appointed managers to gain the necessary skills to be successful in their new role, AstroTech is offering a training course on "Management for New Managers".
• Management & Leadership
- The Role of a Manager
- Management vs Leadership
- People Management
• People Issues
- Conflict Management
- Motivating Your Team
- Team Building
- Developing Your Team
• Business & Finance
- Developing & Administering Budgets
- Finance & Funding
- Financial Justification
- Business Plans
- Effective Communication
• Basics of Commercial Law
• Strategy & Planning
• Risk Management
• Ethics, Fraud & Corruption
• Human Resources
- Labour Law
- Recruitment & Interviewing
- Applying Discipline
- Performance Monitoring & Appraisal
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Occupational Health & Safety
• And Much More!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course will be very valuable for:
• New Managers within an organisation
• Team Leaders and Supervisors that need development in the management discipline
• Specialists who are moving or have moved into management roles
• Anyone who wants to enhance their Management Skills
• Understand the requirements of you as a manager
• Learn the skills needed to manage well
• Gain an understanding of broader business issues
• Learn how to get the best out of your team
• Network with others who are in a similar position