On completion of this course, the learners will have the knowledge to enable them to understand the need for emergency awareness and evacuation in the workplace.
At the end of this course, with the use of the resources and facilitation media and methods, the learners will be able to:
- Understand the importance of emergency evacuation systems in buildings.
- Understand the importance of the applicable illuminated SABS approved symbolic safety signs in emergency routes.
- Understand the various terminologies used to define what emergency evacuation is all about.
- Understand when evacuation should be considered.
- Be familiar with the stages of evacuation.
- Understand how humans react to emergencies.
- Know what to do when a fire is detected and how humans are affected by fire.
- Understand what an emergency is.
- Understand how important it is to evacuate a building quickly and orderly.
- Be familiar with the legislation and SABS Codes of Practice applicable to the emergency evacuation of buildings.
- Understand what the requirements are for an effective evacuation process.
- Know the means of escape.
- Understand the emergency evacuation of persons with disabilities.
- Understand the meaning of emergency preparedness and why it is necessary.
- Understand the causes of emergency situations.
The candidate’s own company emergency plan, evacuation plan and procedure.
This course is presented in English.
Delegates will use the companies’ own emergency plan and procedure.
Certification & Assignment
After completion of the course the learners will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.