First Aid is the provision of initial emergency treatment administered to an injured or sick person before professional medical care is available.
Certain skills are considered essential to the provision of first aid and are taught the world over. Some of these skills include CPR and rescue breathing which if applied correctly and quickly can mean the difference between life and death.
This course is aimed at employees who are required to assess the emergency situation and who need to provide basic life support and basic first aid in order to stabilize patients prior to transfer to the nearest emergency facility.
The Level 1 First Aid course covers the appropriate unit standard, yet is kept at a basic level. (Practically, these small basic skills are often what make the difference between life, serious injury or death).
At the end of this course, with the use of the resources and facilitation media & methods, the learners will be able to know:
- The principles of first aid and legal issues.
- Scene safety and patient care.
- How to raise the alarm.
- Basic anatomy.
- How to manage shock.
- Vital signs.
- How to perform choking.
- How to manage spinal injuries.
- How to move patients.
- How to treat head injuries.
- How to treat fractures / dislocations.
- How to perform a head to toe survey.
- How to dress wounds and bleeding.
- How to perform C.P.R (Adult).
- How to dress burns and manage electrocution.
- The characteristics of an unconscious patient.
This standard course includes the course content as listed above (as is required by law). This is the no-frills, straightforward course that will ensure compliance.
- All employees and contractors
- First Aid Level 1 refreshers
Basic literacy and the ability to handle images of blood and body parts.
This course is presented in the English language.
The training fee includes a First Aid manual, consumables and an electronic certificate of competence.
You must have the ability to work on the floor and on your knees.
Certification & Assignment
The course includes a practical assessment and if successful, you will be issued with a Certificate of Successful Completion.