The aim of the Advantage ACT HCS course is to equip the candidate with knowledge and skill to understand the legal and practical context of the Hazardous Chemical Substances regulation and the application thereof in the working environment.
At the end of this course, with the use of the relevant course documentation and facilitator material, the candidate will be able to:
- Identify, discuss, explain and participate in a HCS Program in the working environment.
- Identify information on chemicals.
- Explain and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform a basic risk assessment.
- Discuss biological monitoring of exposed employees.
- Select Personal protective Equipment and discuss facilities.
- Classify substances.
- Discuss training needs and requirements.
- Discuss the duties of people exposed to HCS.
- Explain biological monitoring of exposed employees.
- Identify records identify control measures.
- Participate in labelling, packaging, transporting and storage requirements
- What are special measures?
- Identify disposal requirements of HCS..
- This is a specialist course for employees dealing with HCS, laboratory employees and personnel involved in the ordering, transportation, storage and operation of these chemicals.
- Working experience in the Hazardous Chemical Substances Field.
This course is presented in English.
Delegates will use the Hazardous Chemical Substance course manual.
Certification & Assignment
After completion of the course the learners will be issued with a Certificate Attendance.