Apply make-up to reflect historical periods
|PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
|This unit standard will enable learners to explain the historical development of make-up and reproduce the make-up designs of historical periods.
A person credited with this unit standard is able to:
- Describe the historical development of make-up.
- Explain make-up practices of different historical periods.
- Apply make-up to simulate historical period.
|LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
|It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
- Communication Skills at NQF Level 2.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2.
|Historical periods of make-up include but are not limited to:
The ancient historical period which includes:
- The Pharaohs of Egypt, Classical Greece, Classical Rome, Biblical Hebrew, Classical Japan and China, Pre-settler Latin America and Traditional Africa.
The Middle Ages period which includes:
- The Middle Ages in Europe and Renaissance Europe.
The pre-twentieth century period which includes:
- Elizabethan England and Victorian England.
The Twentieth Century period which includes:
- Gatsby trend of the twenties, Rock and Roll trend of the forties and fifties, Hippy trend of the sixties and seventies, Disco trend of the eighties and Punk trend of the nineties.