Identify disorders of the skin and hair
|PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
|This unit standard will enable learners to explain the anatomy of the skin and hair and correctly identify and refer clients with skin and hair disorders for appropriate treatment.
A person credited with this unit standard is able to:
- Describe the structure and functions of the skin and hair.
- Describe the symptoms of skin and hair disorders.
- Explain the causes of skin and hair disorders and their appropriate resolution.
|LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
|It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 2.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2.