A manager is dependent upon his/her team for so many outputs and a significant portion of these outputs are in a written form.
A team with strong business writing skills means a more effective manager.
No more redoing reports, correcting grammar in correspondence and other unproductive activities.
If you want to empower your team and increase your and your team's effectiveness and productivity, BizTech is offering a training course which covers the following key topics:
• The importance of planning for a business writing task
• Choose appropriate words to convey the correct meaning
• Write effective memos, short notices, faxes, and e-mail messages
• Creating standard templates for professionalism , quality & efficiency
• Attention-getting business writing
• Pick out key points from discussions for clear & concise minutes
• Communicating via email: The unwritten rules
• Eloquence, tone and other subtleties
• Using neutral, positive & negative language to persuade & influence
• Business Vocabulary Jargon, Slang and Clichés - is there a place for them in the business world?
• Identify the purpose of your communication and the desired response
• What is the right level of detail
• Adapting your style for different audiences and to meet different objectives
• How to ensure that you get your point across
• Energise and bring life to your communication
• Avoiding ambiguity
• How to be assertive but not aggressive in your communication
who should attend
• Personal Assistants, secretaries and administrative support staff who write business communications on behalf of companies every day
• Customer service staff who handle queries and complaints
• Sales staff, who want to improve their pitches and proposals to customers
• Any business person who agrees that improving the quality of their written correspondence can only improve their company's performance
After attending this course attendees should:
• Get the basics right and increase error- free and efficient writing
• Know how to write for results Ensure that your written work speaks volumes about your and your company's credibility
• Improve communication and relationships with clients, colleagues and management
• Present a professional product which generates immediate respect
• Gain confidence and be trusted by management to take on more responsibility, with career advancement in your sights!
take home tools
• Training Manual & CD
• All delegates receive one month of telephonic support relating to course content
The course will take place over 2 days - 08:30 to 16:30 daily
R6 890.00 (excl. VAT) per delegate
( 5% discount for enrolment 2 weeks prior to course date. )
PROVISION OF THE COURSE BY BIZTECH INCLUDES
• Dynamic and knowledgeable facilitators
• Training File and a CD
• Certificate of Attendance
• High quality training venue
• Lunch and refreshments
• Quality folder, notepad and pen
Registration Confirmation must be sent prior to the start of the scheduled course.
The course will take place at the AstroTech Conference Centre in Parktown, Johannesburg.
The AstroTech Conference centre is in a gracious mansion in one of the most historic and beautiful areas of Johannesburg.
It is a high-end business focused conference centre with competitively priced packages, excellent facilities and top client service.
Close to major highways, airport and Johannesburg city centre, this state-of-the-art venue offers elegance, discretion, security and convenience with safe parking.
The course will be run from 08:30 to 16:30 daily.
Course venues will be confirmed prior to course commencement.
BizTech is BBBEE level 1 compliant. This means that we are a 135% contributor and companies investing money in training their staff through BizTech can also improve their own BBBEE scorecard. Not only does it offer an opportunity to improve your company's Skills Development BBBEE category, but you can also improve your BBBEE Preferential Procurement category. In each case your company will benefit 135% of the spend made.
terms and conditions
Upon receipt of your enrolment, a tax invoice will be processed and payment is required prior to the start of the scheduled course. Should course expectations not be met for any reason, delegates are given the opportunity to leave before lunch on the 1st day and receive a full refund of the course fee.
A cancellation can only be confirmed if we are advised in writing at email@example.com
For cancellations received more than one week prior to the course:
0% cancellation fee will apply.
For cancellations received less than ONE WEEK prior to the course:
50% cancellation fee will apply.
For cancellations received within 24 hours of the course:
100% cancellation fee will apply.
Substitutes are welcome at no additional charge at any time prior to the course.
Requests to postpone course attendance must be received in writing at least three full working days prior to the course commencement. Should we not receive written confirmation within this period; the postponement will be subject to an additional fee of R 1,270 (excl VAT) per delegate.
All course postponements or programme exchanges need to be utilized within 6 months of the original course booking or the course fee will be forfeited.
Cancellations on postponements or exchanges are subject to the full course fee
In the event that a delegate does not arrive for the course and no written cancellation has been received and confirmed, the full course fee will be payable
Should it be necessary, BizTech reserves the right to substitute the presenter.
When a person registers on BizTech’s website, is registered on a BizTech course or sends an email to BizTech, that person consents to receiving communications electronically or otherwise by BizTech and/or its business partners
BizTech wish to advise that they will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or harm, direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise and howsoever arising that may be caused to any person or property during the providing of any services by BizTech to the client.