Business people today communicate in writing such as letters, faxes, email, reports, minutes and memos. The effect of these communications can be improved if they are written clearly, concisely and in a readable way.
Whether you are drafting emails to colleagues or having to provide reports for your customers or managers, this intensive 2 day Writing Better Business Documents training course will provide you with easy to remember principles, suggestions and formats that can help you write better business documents.
This Writing Better Business Documents course will help all people in business, but especially those who are not writing in their first language to improve the overall quality of their writing by highlighting some easy to remember rules and practical everyday techniques that will keep your writing clear, simple and easy to read.
Key learning areas covered during this course include:
* Improving communication throughout your department and organisation by writing effective business documents
* Grabbing and keeping your reader's attention by drafting simple and easy to read business documents
* Developing a professional, reader-friendly writing style by using the various business writing formats effectively
* Organising your ideas and conclusions in a coherent and logical manner by using effective planning techniques such as mind-mapping
* Preparing and writing reports correctly so that you align your content to the appropriate audience
* Keeping your documents to the point and avoiding ambiguity by ensuring that they are written professionally and with clarity
* Enhancing the impact and readability of your writing by avoiding common punctuation errors and mistakes
* Identifying and spotting common errors that your spellcheck won’t pick up
* Avoiding errors by implementing a check system and using several proof reading techniques