Culturally, South Africa is a vast melting pot. What one culture perceives as respect, another perceives as a slight. The “default” etiquette of the various cultures you have come across in business may have astounded you. Many of these behaviours are actually not etiquette issues – but rather a different spin on our own cultural norms. Do you know when an act is a custom of a certain cultural group and what’s the best way to interact?
This intensive 1 day business etiquette and cultural diversity workshop will help you build awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural differences you encounter in South Africa. Get the skills that can make the difference between a successful business meeting and a deal gone bad for no clear reason at all.
Key learning areas covered during this course include:
* Understanding cultural diversity and agreeing on a business culture with a common purpose
* Creating positive first impressions by using critical verbal and non-verbal techniques when meeting, greeting and introducing people
* Utilising effective conversation techniques to ensure that you use the right tone and volume when you speak
* Assessing the different communication channels available and how to use them effectively
* Mastering meetings by understanding correct protocols and how to keep them on track
* Perfecting the art of networking by devising a successful strategy that will allow you to promote yourself, without appearing arrogant
* Understanding the how the business hierarchy is structured so that you can work effectively with managers, colleagues and staff
* Improving your entertainment etiquette so that you demonstrate respectable behaviour when socialising
* Maintaining a professional image by knowing when and how to “dress to impress”
* Understanding the need for confidentiality and avoiding disclosing sensitive or confidential company information to external parties.